We got the motherload of yummies in this week’s bountiful basket. Tomatoes, Fennel, Spaghetti Squash, Blueberries, Plums, Bananas, Lettuce, Strawberries, Red Peppers, Green Peppers… YUM! Well, Cole and I are making a super delicious meal (while Eva’s anxiously waiting for her opportunity to taste test) . I looked up several recipes for the squash, but we didn’t have enough ingredients, so… we winged it. Here’s what we did.
- Halved and scooped the squash
- Brushed them with oil and sprinkled with salt, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper
- Baked them at 400 for 50 minutes.
- Run through them with a fork (makes “spaghetti”)
- Saute with onions, butter and garlic and a little parmesan cheese.
Then the meat… mmmm….
This week Top Round Steaks were on sale, so here we go:
- Pound them thin
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola
- Roll it up
- Wrap with Bacon
- Secure with toothpicks
- Brown lightly on each side on the stove
- Finish in the oven for 20 mins on 350
The family loved it! (The baby ate two portions.)